Mobile Cargo Screening
Air cargo screening including explosive trace detection
Mobile screening is primarily intended to screen consignments which cannot be secured by means of X-ray checks and where alternative screening methods are not available on site. In mobile screening, the methods explosive trace detection (ETD), visual inspection and hand search are applied. Mobile screening is currently possible in southern Germany (Baden-Württemberg, Bavaria, Hesse and Rhineland-Palatinate). An expansion to other areas is possible if there is enough demand.
In individual cases, the mobile screening unit can also be used to man X-ray inspection systems if no own staff is available.
In all cases the mobile screening unit client must be a registered regulated agent, and must carry out the screening process in an approved safety area at his facilities.
The 5 steps of mobile screening:
- Firstly, a contract between the client (Regulated Agent) and STI GmbH must be made, this must be presented as verification to the supervisory authority.
- The client completes his air cargo security program to the effect that screening or additional screening methods can be carried out by STI GmbH in a safety area. As a regulated agent can always only award security status to his own site, the client acts as the body that assigns the security status.
- The client submits his adapted air cargo security program to the German FAA and waits for approval. The updated air cargo security program must be submitted with the contract.
- At the same time, STI GmbH deals with the radiation protection requirements. A general authorization for mobile use is already available in selected federal states.
- Once approval has been given by the German FAA, a request for use may be issued at any time at short notice. In individual cases, please call us to inquire about availability and subsequently order by email.